<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Went with class today to NHK Studios. Pretty fun--got to dress up as characters from shows and read a news broadcast in front of a teleprompter. Still trying to decide whether to go to Hakone or not. Since it's raining and my decision making skills are shot after stressing out over the housing decision, I can't make up my mind. Got a little more sleep last night but still regretting guesthouse decision a bit. I guess this would be a nice escape, but it feels like such a luxury when I'm dishing out so much for everything here and if it's raining, it's puts a damper on everything. Oh well.

Good links:
  • http://www.links.net/share/speak/sxsw/2002-keitai/
  • http://www.tjf.or.jp/eng/ge/ge16keitai.htm

    We watched "Candy, Candy" and "Sailor Moon". I had seen "Candy Candy" years ago in Mexico and learned about Sailor Moon from Carl (aka Sailor Sarcasm) and his band of Sailor Sluts in college so it brought back memories. I had to think back even further when we were discussing gender and cartoons. The ones I remember watching growing up--the Smurfs, Muppet Babies, Garfield, Bugs Bunny and Scooby Doo--seemed to be mostly mixed though I do remember wondering why there was only one female smurf. I never watched any of the "boy's" cartoons like Transformers or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I could swear there were "girl's" cartoons when growing up, but when pressed they all seemed more gender-neutral.

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?